Monday, June 27, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane?

I've been receiving numerous emails from my former classmates on how they can also apply overseas. To tell you the truth, going here is the best example of me being out of my league. Nevertheless I learned so much from this experience and I hope the next time it would be better.

I came here by the help of my fiance's mom. She was the one who asked me to send my resume and after some time, they gave the agency where i should give and process all of my documents. That's the basic step everyone, go to an agency. Then next is to verify if the agency is legit. POEA is giving away newspaper-like list of the legit agencies in the Philippines. You wouldn't want to be tricked by some petty agency so better safe than sorry. Anyways it's free so go ahead. If you're still in doubt of the agency, go directly to POEA. They cater overseas employment also but, as they say, you need to wait for like a month or something unlike private agencies. Then get a hold of the requirements. I'll tell you next time about the requirements.

Generally speaking, researching about your destination is a sure must!!! Like me, I went here with only a little idea about Saudi. I was so excited to go here because my fiance' is here. You know... young love, wild and free! But two years went by and all i did here was to piss off my nursing in charge because i am one hard to handle person. I couldn't even go out to the nearest bookstore unless i requested. My life here is like a prison.

I couldn't even elaborate more on how dismayed I am right now about what my Saudi life turned out. :( I'm gonna compose myself first then give you tips again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment