Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Biik"

It's my dear friend Rey's birthday. It's his 25th birthday and i so much miss him. Happy Birthday!


Our friendship is so important to me. It's the friendship that you would really treasure. We met through college in a very kaiinis situation. We were in our anatomy and physiology class. While waiting for the professor, he was reviewing, expectant of a surprise quiz while i was buzy chit chatting with other friends. He called my attention to tone down. I said apologies and i said "tao lang po!" To my surprise he replied "Ay tao pala akala ko biik!" I was trying to compose myself since the word biik or any correlations to a pig really hits me because i have this long overdue weight problem. But since i'm in college I tried to tell myself not to cry because for me college is a world of responsible teenagers and crying is like a sign of immaturity. But i'm on the verge of crying already so i just went out of the room for fresh air. He tried to go out because he said he also felt guilty and that's the first time we connected. And ever since then we had time to chit chat, review together, bond together. 

Our friendship means so much to me and if it were something to be salvage from a burning house i would not hesitate from going inside the house just to save it. He knows my deepest sentiments and i know his. That's how our friendship goes. No secrets, no hesitations, bold, fearless, honest.

I hope and pray that God will shower him more blessings in life and i also pray that despite the miles between us we will still remain friends. For me friends are life's precious spices. They give color and meaning. For me they are my soul mates, one ones you can really talk to... the one which even if you don't utter a single word, they will understand and that's how he is!

Now, whenever i hear the word "biik" it doesn't hurt me anymore, instead it reminds me of my friend Rey, and our big fat friendship!

The "First of Month" group - Loamie Bautista, Uche Belandres, Rey Inocencio, Me, Nathaniel Dela Vega
.

No comments:

Post a Comment